Thursday 7 August 2014

Lose Weight With a Busy Schedule : Blog Series 1 of 6


exercise-desk-job

Hectic schedules and full-time jobs don't have to get in the way of your weight loss. Stick to these tips to get past the roadblocks.

A 9-5 commitment
When I decided to lose weight, I worked full-time in an office where I sat at a desk for 40 hours each week. I also worked part-time at a healthclub and took night classes to complete my Master's degree. Monday through Thursday, I'd leave my house at 5 a.m. and not return until after 10 at night. Obviously, my schedule was a challenge, but I knew if I started to make excuses, I'd never lose the weight, so I toughened up and created a fail-proof plan that helped me drop more than 20 pounds. Here's what helped me, and how it can work for you too.


Schedule your workouts
When I worked in an office, I used daily planner that kept me organized with all aspects of my life—from projects and school deadlines to grocery lists and social events. I wrote down everything, including my workouts. On Sunday afternoons I'd spend some time scheduling my workouts for the week, just like I would with other obligations.


plan-workout-daily



I'd also pick a couple of group exercise classes at my gym and schedule them like appointments that I could not miss. Seeing my work week all laid out with plenty of time for exercise helped me to stick to my plan.

Article By Tina Hauperthttp://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20568004,00.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment