Monday 18 August 2014

Lose Weight With a Busy Schedule : Blog Series 2 of 6

exercise-early-morning

Become a morning exerciser
Late meetings, evening events, happy hour with colleagues—so many things got in the way of my evening workouts, so I became a morning exerciser. Working out first thing in the morning guaranteed that I fit it in before my day got carried away and excuses popped up.


Even though I'm naturally a morning person, becoming a morning exerciser was no easy task! The first few mornings were really hard, but the more I forced myself to do it, the easier it was and eventually it became a regular part of my routine.


track-calories-online

Track calories
In the past, I half heartedly kept a paper-and-pen food journal, but it was time-consuming and inconvenient to calculate all of those calories, so hundreds of them often went unaccounted for each day. So when I friend told me about a free online weight-loss journal that tracks calories, exercise, goals, and progress, I knew it would make food journaling simpler.


Filling out my serving estimates online helped me realize that I underestimated portion sizes. Even though I was eating mostly nutritious foods, I was serving myself too much, so I began using measuring cups at home to learn how to identify a healthy serving.


1 comment:

  1. Although I'm naturally a morning individual, becoming a morning exerciser was no simple job! The first few mornings had been really onerous, but the more I forced myself to do it, the simpler it was and ultimately it became a regular part of my routine.
    http://www.weightloss-resolutionroadmap.com

    ReplyDelete