Friday 22 August 2014

Lose Weight With a Busy Schedule : Blog Series 3 of 6

make-lunch-night-before

Plan (and pack) your lunch
Every Sunday I sat down and planned a week’s worth of quick, travel-friendly lunches. Brown-bagging what I ate during the day meant I had more control over how many calories I consumed. Lunch could be leftovers from the previous night's dinner or a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with veggies and honey mustard. 

Planning lunch ahead of time helped me stick with healthy options instead of buying a greasy slice of pizza nearby. Plus, once I bought the food and had it readily available in my kitchen, I had no excuse for not packing a nutritious lunch.


banana-oatmeal-breakfast

Keep healthy breakfast foods at work
I would keep a number of non-perishable, healthy breakfast options in my work desk. Many mornings, I'd bring a piece of fresh fruit from home (often a banana) and used hot water to make instant oatmeal. I kept various ingredients to mix in like dried fruit, sunflower seeds, nuts, and a jar of peanut butter in my desk, so I never had to think twice about planning my breakfast. When I got sick of eating oatmeal, I'd bring a different kind of fruit or a container of yoghurt and mix in the same ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment