Tuesday 2 September 2014

Lose Weight With a Busy Schedule : Blog Series 5 of 6

exercise-buddy-work

Plan workout dates with others
To switch things up with my workouts, I often asked my co-workers if they wanted to go for a run after work or a power walk on our lunch break. Having a fitness buddy to rely on really helped me get in a groove with my workouts and kept me motivated. Plus, exercising in a new way with someone else kept my workouts fun and exciting!



white-wine-happy-hour

Abide by a one-drink rule
I created the one-drink rule for when I went out after work with co-workers. Happy hour was what got me in trouble with my weight in the first place (hello, beer and nachos!), so I knew I needed to treat these outings differently if I wanted to fit into my clothes again. (I also didn't want to be the girl on a diet sipping seltzer water!) 

My new go-to drink was white wine because I knew I'd savour and sip it slowly. Choosing the drink that took me the longest to consume saved me calories because I passed on a second round, and usually at that point most people were heading home.

1 comment:

  1. To change issues up with my exercises, I usually requested my co-staff if they wished to go for a run after work or a power walk on our lunch break. Having a health buddy to rely on really helped me get in a groove with my workouts and kept me motivated. Plus, exercising in a new method with someone else saved my exercises fun and thrilling!
    http://www.weightloss-resolutionroadmap.com

    ReplyDelete